Wednesday, March 25, 2015

OCI Presentation Review

Something that surprised me at the On-Campus Internship Presentation was that an education beyond a bachelor's degree might actually be a detriment to someone's ability to get a job. Being overqualified, it seems, is a larger problem than I realized. It is important, therefore, to be completely sure that what I want to do will require an education beyond a bachelor's degree if I choose to pursue a Master's degree or Ph.D.

I also learned that while a degree and the major associated with it is important, a GPA above a 3.8 isn't necessarily an advantage, since GPA doesn't indicate whether or not one is able to apply what they learn. What is important on a resume is to have evidence of work/internship experience in which you made an impact.

Finally, I learned about on-campus internships available at BYU during Fall and Winter semesters which provide students with valuable internship experience and university credits.






No comments:

Post a Comment